My Dad was in the Air Force. He doesn't talk much about it. On the day he retired, I understand he stopped on the sidewalk, turned to the flag and saluted one last time. I wish I could've seen him do that.
I asked my Dad once why he doesn't talk much about his time in the Air Force. His answer was, "Because no one's asked."
My Dad turns 80 this month. 80. Wow. I might be 52, but around him I still feel like an insecure long haired 16 year old trying to get the nerve up to ask him if I could borrow the car keys.
I hope someday, I can sit with him over a few cold beers and some of his fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and ask, "Hey, Dad........"
Happy Veterans Day to my Dad and All of you out there. Thanks for what you've done, and for what you do, because of what you've done.
.
1 comment:
Nice.....I've always been proud of his service. And to think, he's only 8 years older than me.
Post a Comment